802.11n b/g 1x1 wifi and Bluetooth combo PCIe half-size mini card, WB195/AR9285+AR3011
DHXA-195 is the industry’s first 1-stream 802.11n WiFi and Bluetooth v2.1 combo solution on a single half-size mini card in PCIe form factor.
The WiFi part of DHXA-195 uses AR9285, which integrates the radio transceiver and the media access controller/baseband sections into a single chip along with the power amplifier, low-noise amplifiers, and antenna switch, can deliver 11n single stream (1x1 SISO) at data rate to 150 Mbps. The Bluetooth connectivity is implemented with AR3011 chip complying with the Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR (extended data rate) standard and upgradeable to Bluetooth 3.0.
DHXA-195 high-performance WiFi/Bluetooth coexistence scheme allows faster Web surfing and file transfers, smooth media streams, and clear voice transmissions on the WiFi link, all with uninterrupted synching of wireless PC peripherals like mice and keyboard on the Bluetooth link. Windows XP/Vista/7 and Linux driver support enables ASD (Application Specific Device) manufacturers to quickly and easily employ multi-radio coexistence on one platform with trouble-free WiFi and Bluetooth integration.
- 802.11n 1Tx/1Rx WiFi and Bluetooth v2.1 combo solution on a single half-size mini card in PCIe form factor is ideal for embedding into ultra-compact devices or embedding together with complimentary 3G technology on the same platform.
- Simultaneous WiFi and Bluetooth operation.
- Advanced high-performance WiFi/Bluetooth coexistence scheme allows faster Web surfing and file transfers, smooth media streams, and clear voice transmissions on the WiFi link, all with uninterrupted synching of wireless PC peripherals like mice and keyboard on the Bluetooth link.
- Windows XP/Vista/7 and Linux drivers enable ASD manufacturers to quickly and easily employ multi-radios coexistence on one platform with trouble-free WiFi and Bluetooth integration.
- Backward compatible to 802.11g and forward compatible to 802.11n provide the optimal upgrade path from legacy 802.11g solutions.
- Up to 150Mbps PHY rate capability reduces congestion and increases capacity for additional wireless devices.
- Complies with Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR (extended data rate) standard and upgradeable to Bluetooth 3.0.
- RoHS 2002/95/EC compliance meets environment-friendly requirement.
|37,43||RESERVED||-||Tied to ground.|
|39,41,||RESERVED||-||Reserved for 3.3VAUX.|
|51||RESERVED||-||Reserved for BT_DISABLE or 3.3V.|
|5||RESERVED||I/O||Reserved for RX_CLEAR.|
|33||PETp0||Analog input signal||Differential receive|
|31||PETn0||Analog input signal||Differential receive|
|25||PERP0||Analog output signal||Differential trnasmit|
|23||PERN0||Analog output signal||Differential trnasmit|
|13||REFCLK+||Analog input signal||Differential reference clock (100MHz).|
|11||REFCLK-||Analog input signal||Differential reference clock (100MHz).|
|7||CLKREQ_L||A digital output signal with open drain||Reference clock request, open drain|
|22||PERST_L||Input siganls with weak internal pull-down, to prevent siganls from floating when left open||PCI Express reset with weak pull down|
|1||WAKE_L||A digital output signal with open drain||Reserved for 3.3V or WAKE2_L (Request to service a fuction-initiated wake event, open drain).|
|24||3.3VAUX||-||3.3V or 3.3VAUX|
1. The pin definitions follow the minicard standard.
2. The pin 51 is defined as a BT disable control pin.
3. The pin 46 is for BT LED, default is enabled.
radio ON => LED ON(always on, no blinking)
radio OFF => LED OFF
WiFi portion Specifications
Bluetooth portion Specifications
|Main Chipset||Atheros® AR3011|
|Standard Conformance||Bluetooth v2.1 + EDR|
|Frequency Range||U2.400 ~ 2.4835GHz|
|Frequency Tolerance||±40kHz (typical)|
|Modulation Technique||frequency hopping, 1600 hops/sec.|
|Channel Support||79 channels|
|Operation Voltage||3.3V ± 5%|
|Receiver Sensitivity||-85dBm typical for pi/4-DQPSK, 0.1% BER|
|Operation Temperature Range||0°C ~ +60°C|
|Storage Temperature Range||-20°C ~ +80°C|
|Antenna||one Hirose U.FL ultra-miniature coaxial antenna connector
(ALT connector for WiFi Rx Diversity or Bluetooth)